Your car servicing may be tax deductible
Treated as a car expense, you may be able to claim deductions if you are using your own car for work purposes. For most people this does not include the cost of travel between home and work as this is a private expense. Although, you may be able to claim a deduction if you use your car for the below mentioned examples as course of performing your job.
- carry bulky tools or equipment
- attend conferences or meetings
- deliver items or collect supplies
- travel between two separate places of employment (for example, when you have a second job)
- travel from your normal workplace to an alternative workplace and back to your normal workplace or directly home
- travel from your home to an alternative workplace and then to your normal workplace or directly home (for example, if you travel to a client’s premises)
- perform itinerant work.
Visit the ATO website to find out more: